PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Andim

Lurker
Jul 8, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am a novice piper, currently living in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I picked up my first pipe a year ago, when I was living in England. After 20 years of smoking cigars, I finally felt the urge to smoke a pipe, like my father did. (He quit when I was born. One of my earliest childhood memories was a huge tin of Half-Half that he had stashed away in a closet). Having started pipe smoking in England, I naturally gravitated towards Gawith tobaccos, VaPer and Orientals. The situation is very different in Saudi Arabia. I can only find Captain Black and some Amphoras (as I am writing this post, I am smoking the Amphora Black Cavendish, which I thoroughly dislike, in a lovely Ser Jacopo bent chimney). I put in my first mail order from the US to try out some of the American tobaccos. Sadly, Saudi customs impose limitations on the amount of tobacco that can be imported, and it's a shame since I regularly smoked five bowls a day. I am eager to get to know you guys and girls.

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hi everyone,

I am a novice piper, currently living in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I picked up my first pipe a year ago, when I was living in England. After 20 years of smoking cigars, I finally felt the urge to smoke a pipe, like my father did. (He quit when I was born. One of my earliest childhood memories was a huge tin of Half-Half that he had stashed away in a closet). Having started pipe smoking in England, I naturally gravitated towards Gawith tobaccos, VaPer and Orientals. The situation is very different in Saudi Arabia. I can only find Captain Black and some Amphoras (as I am writing this post, I am smoking the Amphora Black Cavendish, which I thoroughly dislike, in a lovely Ser Jacopo bent chimney). I put in my first mail order from the US to try out some of the American tobaccos. Sadly, Saudi customs impose limitations on the amount of tobacco that can be imported, and it's a shame since I regularly smoked five bowls a day. I am eager to get to know you guys and girls.
Welcome to the group from Canada.

Reactions: Andim