Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Oct 19, 2024
New York
Hey everyone, I've been smoking a tobacco pipe since I was 21 and have put it down and picked it up in the last 4 years. Any recommendations on pipe tobacco that would go well in the autumn months? Also, how do yall smoke in colder weather?

Greetings.

Please put your location in your Profile!
Why: It will save time for others when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc.
How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hey everyone, I've been smoking a tobacco pipe since I was 21 and have put it down and picked it up in the last 4 years. Any recommendations on pipe tobacco that would go well in the autumn months?
All of them. Honestly just go with your guts on that one. But fall seems as perfect a time for a pipe as can be.
So author is that a name of lifestyle? ;) You know what the next question is.
Also, how do yall smoke in colder weather?
Happily and with those mittens that velcro the mitten part down but when undone turn your mittens into hobo fingerless style gloves.

Oct 19, 2024
New York
All of them. Honestly just go with your guts on that one. But fall seems as perfect a time for a pipe as can be.
So author is that a name of lifestyle? ;) You know what the next question is.

Happily and with those mittens that velcro the mitten part down but when undone turn your mittens into hobo fingerless style gloves.
Interesting, I figured most tobaccos would be fine, I guess I'll go with whatever I have on hand.

The author in my name refers to my hobby of writing.

And I usually smoke when I write, in the summer its easy to sit in the yard and write but in the fall and winter it's difficult to type on a laptop with numb fingers.

Oct 19, 2024
New York
Welcome from Scotland! Seeing as you're in the US you should be able to get some of that new scarecrow baccy that's advertised here, seems to be geered towards autumn
Ah, would've been nice but they sold out already haha. I picked up some sutliff maple street since I figured that'd be a nice smoke for the autumn.

MisterBadger

Might Stick Around
Oct 6, 2024
Ludlow, UK
Interesting, I figured most tobaccos would be fine, I guess I'll go with whatever I have on hand.

The author in my name refers to my hobby of writing.

And I usually smoke when I write, in the summer its easy to sit in the yard and write but in the fall and winter it's difficult to type on a laptop with numb fingers.
- Cyfarchion a croeso, and greetings and welcome, from the former capital of Greater Wales (Llwydlo/Ludlow, UK). Have you considered getting a patio heater? As for seasonal tobaccos, I'd never considered the notion before, though the seasonality of different beers has had my attention for years. I'll give it some thought, now. I think it might even merit a thread of its own.

Oct 19, 2024
New York
- Cyfarchion a croeso, and greetings and welcome, from the former capital of Greater Wales (Llwydlo/Ludlow, UK). Have you considered getting a patio heater? As for seasonal tobaccos, I'd never considered the notion before, though the seasonality of different beers has had my attention for years. I'll give it some thought, now. I think it might even merit a thread of its own.
I figured some aromas would be better suited for different seasons. I used a lot of peach and cherry tobacco when it was the summer and spring seasons. And for winter my go-to is vanilla. I figured the autumn season would merit a different tobacco.

I recently bought some sutliff maple street to have this season since I've always linked the smell of maple syrup and autumn in my mind. However, with a recommendation from this thread I'm thinking of having some Cornell & Diehl's haunted bookshop or Seattle Pipe Club's plum pudding. Although, the smell of the ladder is quite strong and I wouldn't typically smoke it if I'm just going and coming to work.

Regarding the seasonality of beers; do you have a favorite for autumn?