PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipeman1972

Lurker
Jul 20, 2020
Good morning all. Just a newbie saying hello. I have been a pipe smoker for 3 years with a bit of a penchant for estate Dunhills and some of the older Fribourg and Treyer pipes. Used to love to smoke Dunhills London Mixture but alas, it has gone out of production. Currently smoking Charatan Number 10 Mixture. I am looking forward to being a part of the group. God bless all here.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
One of England's blessed counties! Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Ask any question, make any observation….

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..

Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. Sutliff used to make a blend quite similar to London Mixture called Westminster, but it is no longer offered. However, it may be offered under some other name. A Forums member may be able to identify that. This is not to be confused with the Westminster blend by G.L. Pease, an English blend, but not similar. Forums is a good source of info, from all over the world.

Reactions: Pipeman1972

Pipeman1972

Lurker
Jul 20, 2020
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. Sutliff used to make a blend quite similar to London Mixture called Westminster, but it is no longer offered. However, it may be offered under some other name. A Forums member may be able to identify that. This is not to be confused with the Westminster blend by G.L. Pease, an English blend, but not similar. Forums is a good source of info, from all over the world.
Many thanks for that. One of the many pro’s of pipe smoking is the ability to try a good many tobacco blends. I originally started on flakes but veered towards the ready rubbed after a while. That is when I realised that I like blends of Virginia mixed with a bit of oriental with just a smattering of Latakia for that rich, deep smokiness that London Mixture and Dunhills Durbar seemed to offer. I can imagine that there are a few more very similar blends out there and I will no doubt work my way through a few of them as my pipe smoking progresses. Good to meet you and thanks for the advice. ??

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.