PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

coreymillia

Lurker
Jul 10, 2024
Hello out there from the mountains of Colorado.

I have always smoked higher quality rolling tobacco. Maybe a decade ago started buying whole leaf tobacco and shredding it up myself. About a year ago decided to switch over to a pipe. I still had a couple lbs. of good organic Virginia/Canadian gold mixed with Burley. My primary 3 tobaccos. Plus a few others, and a pile that I grew in 2020. It also makes great pipe tobacco, very comparable to the natural flavors of tinned tobacco I have tried. I have not ordered any since starting to smoke a pipe. But there are a few specific pipe tobacco choices an if anyone didn't know about it and loves raw tobacco. I did a quick search and did not immediately see anyone talking about it.

With that being said I joined to mostly lurk and find reviews and opinions on flavored pipe tobaccos, and pipes. As well as pipe maintenance, smoking styles... just gathering some info. Trying to find some good things to mix in and get a little variety. Finally got a pretty good order of some aromatics yesterday. I like to make a little mix and keep it in my pouch all day and change it up regularly. Seems like something other pipe smokers do.

Anyway.
Have an excellent summer wherever you are!

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Hello from London UK.

I blended up some "Ogden's Mixture" yesterday, if that counts. Can't smoke it til Saturday, takes 4 days to "merge", it's said. Do you rest your blends for a while, or dig straight in?

Reactions: khiddy