Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Greetings ! Happy to be in such good company !

In the 40s and starting pipe again after year and years of cigs only... Dug up up two old pipes I tied out years ago (at the time I stopped due to tongue bite), plus a couple of very old ones I inherited from my grandpa like Hilsons prolly from 60-70s) which are in a still in very good shape. I also purchased some stuff to look a bit more modern lol, like a falcon and a nording compass, and of course a cheap MM which is really surprisingly fantastic !

I reduced cigs from like 50 cigs/day to maybe 7 or 8 only if in a hurry and on the move but after several weeks now I start to really dislike the taste and also I don't have the same nicotine craving that I had in the past...

I tried several blends, going from full aromatics to straight VA, but what I really like the most and that was really a revelation is the Latakia with English blends, that is really wow for me.

Wishing you all tha best, take care !
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Trimpickart

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022
Nice to have you aboard sir. I also take your first sentence to me you started pipe smoking in your 40’s not in the 1940’s correct?

Attachments

• IMG_7437.jpeg
    IMG_7437.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 1