PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Here's a mini-mini-mini review: Finally tried Heinrich's Special Curly (Curly Special?) after taking the time (a long time) to dry it adequately. My first impression is that this is one of the blandest, most cardboard-tasting Blando Calrissian blends I've experienced in a long while -- maybe since I tried STG's Escudo a few years back and subsequently threw it across the room. For the fine aroma of grass and nothing else, I could just gather up the clippings from my lawn mower.
Anyway, surprising since this had a pretty good tin note, with the Perique very noticeable.
Had to chase it with the palate-cleanser of a K&K product with oomph, the flameproof but delicious Wessex Dark Flake.

Questions for you Heinrich fans out there:
-- I've read that this one does improve significantly with age. Planning to age it for at least an eternity. Is that long enough?
-- How similar is this to the Curly Block? I was mighty curious about the Block, but may save myself the dollars if they're close cousins.
-- Also read that this is actually an STG jam that's imported by K&K -- can anyone illuminate? As I tend to reject all STG blends (exception: OGS), that would be a convenient case of confirmation bias for me.

Thanks as always, folks

Status
Not open for further replies.