PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
A few weeks ago i got my first taste of hearth and home tobacco. I wanted something christmasy so i got their egg nog. I thought it would be just a seasonal tobacco, but now that i have tried it....it may be one of my favorites ever. it burns great, is easy to pack, tastes amazing, and has 0 tongue bite at all.

does anyone else enjoy the hearth and home tobaccos? Because after trying this one, i want to try some more!

which ones have people tried, and which ones do people like?! i would love any of your recommendations!

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
i git mine from Pipes an Cigars, H&H Larrys Blend completely awsome- heavy on latikia

BlackHouse

Steamroller

Anniversary Kake

Namaste
These few will please u greatly, they my favs so far

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I love Russ's blends - and I have too many to count - Anniversary & Klassic Burley Kake are two off the top of my head which I really enjoy. I love Va Spice, Steamroller, Magnum Opus and Black House too.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Black House is one of the best tobaccos I have ever tried. It has remarkable depth and complexity, a true FULL Balkan, it is a masterpiece.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I also am fond of Russ's blends. Anniversary Kake, Larry's Blend, Ten to Midnight, Old Tartan, and Virginia Spice are all favorites. I can't wait to try some of his newer blends, like Classic Burley Kake and Black House.
Smokey

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
I received a tin of Egg Nog with my last order as a gift with a promo code. Don't normally smoke aro's but it is a good blend. Only other thing I have had is Blackhouse which also quite good. I would recommend both.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
haha i love that you guys have named almost all of the tobaccos hearth and home makes.....

well you know what that means.....i guess i have to just try them all. :p

Reactions: drayve85

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
I have Stockaway, Saratoga Summer and Vischer Ferry. Only smoked Saratoga Summer which is big rum kick that smokes well.
@nbpiper. Did you get a calendar too? I didn't get a sample when I used the promo code on my last order :(

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
I dont know about them yet, I have some Blackhouse and Magnum Opus in the cellar and have not opened them yet. From all the reviews and word of mouth I dont think I will be dissapointed. :puffy:

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
I really like Capitol Stairs va/p with a bit of deer tongue.

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
@mattmars: Yeah got a calendar, a 2oz tin of Egg Nog, a 7g pouch of Peter Stokebye Golden Dansk and a plastic pouch of mystery leaf. I used a promo code I found on the back of a catalog I got with one of my orders. Not sure why you wouldn't have recieved a calendar.
Have added both Magnum Opus and 10 To Midnight to my list to try. Both sound great.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
bbau
You are on the right track with those P&C's. A great way to cruise the spectrum is to go to the Samplers section and order up whatever you want to try. The VAs have their own sampler.
hp

les

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
@nbpiper. Ah Ha the calendar was the gift. Well, in that case I got 2 gifts since I ordered cigars too and got their cigar calendar (lotsa pretty ladies *wink*).

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Magnum Opus is a favorite of mine. Black House is on the list to try.
Also looking at running through all the bulk blends - Uptown's here in Nashville carries them so it makes a good reason to pay them a visit once every week or two :)

Status
Not open for further replies.