PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
-Why they still give you those Philip head screws instead of the Robinson head,in the packages when you buy something to assemble?
-Why some women are trying to make their men more feminine by wanting them to get pedicures?
-Why some women want "the bad boy",but then demand to be treated good?
-Why some guys still wear the mullet?
-Why chip bags could be half the size,and still hold all the chips?
-Why they sell you something and then make you mail in for the rebate?
-I wonder why...............

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I can answer the rebate question for you, It is actually a business strategy. Basically the company makes it look like a really good deal so people will be more inclined to buy it. So lets say you have 100 people looking to buy a new TV and company A is offering a great TV for $800 after a $200 mail in rebate and company B is offering an equal TV for $900 right now, company A will probably get 80 of the people to buy their TV making them $80,000 at first. Company A is counting on the majority of the people to not send the rebate in. So lets say 20 of the 80 people send the rebate in the company only has to refund $4,000 dollars to the buyers making the $76,000. If the company A would have sold it at the same price as company B and assuming they still would have sold 80 TVs, they would have only made $72,000.

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
- I haven't had aproblem getting a philips head screwdriver intead of a robertson head, It's usually whichever one is used.

- Women hate us and enjoy emasculating us.

- Women are full of contradictions. One could go mad trying to understand these things.

- The kind of people who wear mullets don't care enough about hygeine to bother looking at the back of their heads. They probably have no Idea that the mullet is even their, or at least don't realize how ridiculous it looks.

- Just to fck with us through empty promises.

- They are enticing you by making a product seem cheaper, then hoping you will be to lazy tom mail it in i think.
Why are teenage girls into sparkly pedophiles? Ever seen twilight? some centuries old guy creeps into a chick's bedroom to watch her sleep and every giddy school girl watching goes nuts.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
spacecowboy57---Don't you find that the "robinson screw head" slips less and you get a better grip when twisting it in hard?

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
Have you ever wondered why Kevin can see your internet providers address when you post?
I think it is so you can-not take on two identities and play them with each other.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
Have you ever really wondered why:
1. women only ask questions of men, they already know the answer too?

2. there is an expiry date on sour cream?

3. women say, 'Only a woman knows what a woman wants'?

4. we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?

5. women get so annoyed when they ask you what's on your mind and you say 'nothing'?

6. do banks charge a fee on 'insufficient funds' when they know there is not enough?

7. women find shopping so interesting?

8. doesn’t glue stick to the bottle?

9. women always go to the toilet in groups?

10. there is an 's' in the word lisp?

11. women carry around heavy handbags and men just wallets?

scratchglfr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2010
The bar maid at the legion I frequent rocks a mullet. I almost fell off the bar stool one day when her husband came in rocking a similiar mullet. Go figure her favorite performer is, you guessed it Rod Stewart.

teddy

Lurker
Oct 17, 2010
Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that shit.

George Carlin

reddazes

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2010
Ernest said:
Don't you find that the "robinson screw head" slips less and you get a better grip when twisting it in hard?

....a solution for many things? *cough* sorry... my mind is a bad place to live. ^_^ fun...but bad.
excav8tor...I have some answers.... but not all...
1. Women are like cats... they like to torment their prey first...

2. To confuse us all.

3. We have no idea either... it just sounds better than fessing up...and we just like to keep you on your toes

4. Same reason we stand there and flip the light switch on and off after the bulb burns out I assume.

5. Women think that just because they ALWAYS have something on their mind...you must too.

6. Because they are evil ((the only explanation I can come up with))

9. To do each others hair and make up...and to talk about men...
Ever wonder why:

...The label on Peanut butter warns that it may contain nuts?

...No one ever takes that last cookie on the "free cookies" plate?

...Your dentist asks you if you have been flossing...when he clearly knows you haven't?

...You always wake up 20 min before your alarm goes off?

...Women contradict themselves all the time? (( no really...I'm curious))

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
I got you guys covered on the chip bag thing. The air is to keep the chips from crushing inside the crate in which they are delivered to the store. Imagine a vacuum-packed bag of chips. With air in the bag, it can only be "smooshed" so much before the air inside the bag balances the pressure, and that protects the chips.
I think I learned that from Mark Summers.

Status
Not open for further replies.