PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2020
West Michigan
Greeting to you all!
I must admit I have consulted the forums for advice and reviews for a while, whilst not actually becoming a member. Though I might take the plunge and see for myself what this community is all about.
I have been regularly smoking a pipe since a bit after Christmas. I was a cigar smoker for a long while, but looked toward pipe tobacco as the smell was always intriguing. My father and maternal grandfather were pipe smokers, so the hobby and art had been around since my childhood.

I am a fan of many aromatic and Latakis blends. C&D Balck Frigate and Pirate Kake. Lane VBC. Sutliff Molto Dolce. Capstan Blue Flake. MacBaren Dark Twist. One of my favorites is a half and half blend of Eileens Dream and English Hoopla. Sweet and slightly smokey.

Dave4211

Might Stick Around
May 15, 2020
Tennessee
Nice to meet you, wanderer. I've done some hard traveling. I like Virginias and Virginia/Perique blends the best. Lately, I smoke cheap bags of Burley or Burley/Virginia-esque blends from town.

A good pipe is dependable. Even in less than ideal conditions, you can manage to smoke. I like that about them.

Reactions: indoeuro

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Greeting to you all!
I must admit I have consulted the forums for advice and reviews for a while, whilst not actually becoming a member. Though I might take the plunge and see for myself what this community is all about.
I have been regularly smoking a pipe since a bit after Christmas. I was a cigar smoker for a long while, but looked toward pipe tobacco as the smell was always intriguing. My father and maternal grandfather were pipe smokers, so the hobby and art had been around since my childhood.

I am a fan of many aromatic and Latakis blends. C&D Balck Frigate and Pirate Kake. Lane VBC. Sutliff Molto Dolce. Capstan Blue Flake. MacBaren Dark Twist. One of my favorites is a half and half blend of Eileens Dream and English Hoopla. Sweet and slightly smokey.
I haven't tried most of those one though Dark Twist is great. It kind of reminds me of eating pancakes with espresso.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. My family used to own a little sandy soil summer farm east of Muskegon near a crossroads town called Holton where I camped for a week one time and visited once or twice as well. An elderly farm woman invited us to her place for pie and milk and quieted us so we could listen to her resident whippoorwill. Nice.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Michigander. Lots of great people on this site from all over the world with great info on everything. The tobaccos i enjoy have a wide range as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.