PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 23, 2024
Northwest CT
Hello everyone!

I have just recently stumbled upon this forum after pipe-smoking casually for almost a year. I still only have a Mississippi Meerschaum Ozark that I smoke my aromatics out of (that's all I've smoked). I would love recommendations for a new and relatively affordable pipe to take me to the next level. I also have a couple of kiseru along with some kizami tobacco that I smoke on occasion and count as my own little collection.

It's a pleasure to be here!

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Hello and welcome from Washington State! You will find endless recommendations and suggestions here, and be sure to check on the "What are you smoking" threads.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome! Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Reactions: Trimpickart

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello everyone!

I have just recently stumbled upon this forum after pipe-smoking casually for almost a year. I still only have a Mississippi Meerschaum Ozark that I smoke my aromatics out of (that's all I've smoked). I would love recommendations for a new and relatively affordable pipe to take me to the next level. I also have a couple of kiseru along with some kizami tobacco that I smoke on occasion and count as my own little collection.

It's a pleasure to be here!
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
Welcome from PA.

I have quite a few MM pipes and they are great smokers, so definitely think about grabbing a Country Gentleman, a Mark Twain, a Diplomat, a Legend, or any of the Cobbits. So depending on your budget, you can look at Rossi and/or Ropp pipes which are $50-75 give or take, Savinelli, Peterson, Stanwell and Nording, which can range from $75-$120 (for the more common pipes) or $120-300+ for the higher end models. If you want to venture in meerschaum waters, you can find good pipes between $60-150, with higher end models in the $150-350 range.

That said, also look into some German clay pipes which you can find $15-50...they make some solid smokers and it kinda makes you feel like you are back in the colonial days.