PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellar

Lurker
Oct 30, 2010
i want to try any different types of tobacco to zone in the ones that i like. does anyone know of a good sampler that would have a lot of kinds (English, barley, Virgina,etc) willing to spend at up to $60

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
smokingpipes.com has some C&D samplers. There are 8 2 ounce tins in each of aromatics, english and virgina blends. Just checked there and the aromatic one is sold out, but the other 2 are in stock it seems. They are about $60 a throw, plus shipping of course.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
C&D sampler packs are a great way to get to know what a

number of blends are like, without having to take out a

second mortgage..
We offer a Trial Pack, (5 blends, 2 ounces each, you pick'em, including premium blends - pressed, too, if it's available) for $31.00, or 8 blends for $40.00 plus S&H. The trial pack may include C&D tinned tobaccos, GL Pease tins, Two Friends blends, and Hermit Capt. Earle blends but the sample will be 1 ounce.
http://www.cornellanddiehl.com/oldindex.html

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Everyone has mentioned some of the best ones so far with the exclusion of calling Boswell's. I got 15 different blends for 58.00 the last time I wanted to try as many blends as possible. Call and ask for Dan, he will set you right up.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
See when I started I guess I approached it like I do cooking. From the first puff I knew what I wanted more of and less of. Then I did some research to find out what sorts of tobaccos were commonly smoked in a pipe and what each of their qualities was. Then I scoured tobaccoreviews.com for reviews of tobaccos that highlighted each of those tobaccos and made note of what I thought I might like. Then I placed an order about once every 2 months of about 6 to 10 tins and bulk samples at a time. I guess I made up my own samplers. Then I started to realize the curse of pipe smoking. Getting to that point that you have each of your preferences 100% satisfied and then having half of them go on the endangered species list... So now I just read reviews and sample tobaccos with about the same frequency. Some stick, others get shelved for future experimentation and still others get quickly offered to friends or for sale because they are just not my cup o tea. Such is the life of a pipe smoker.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
At Outwest Tobacco you can order just one ounce of any bulk product,

typically at $3.50 per ounce. (Comparable to the price of tinned tobacco.)
This would give you about 17 different samples for under $60. I once ordered

about 20 different 1 oz. samples and felt really guilty about putting them

thru the hassle of making-up so many little baggies. LOL

hellar

Lurker
Oct 30, 2010
thanks i went to pipeandcigars and got the hearth and home sample package. this is what i got.
* Tobacco 1 : Ambassador's Blend

* Tobacco 2 : Rolando's Own

* Tobacco 3 : Anniversary Kake

* Tobacco 4 : Sunjammer

* Tobacco 5 : Larry's Blend

* Tobacco 6 : Marble Kake

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I posted this in the "What're you smoking?" thread but you probably didn't see it since that thread fills up quick.

Let us know what you think of the Anniversary Kake. Many members here really enjoy it, but I want to know what a newbie like yourself thinks. I'm new to this too, so I'm looking forward to you impressions of all the samples you purchased.
Thanks.
-Jason

hellar

Lurker
Oct 30, 2010
yea i hear anniversary kake is one of the highest rated tobaccos out there (by tobaccoreview.com) i cant w8 to try all of the tobaccos.
hope i dont give myself tongue bite like i did the first time. i am new to i find myself puffing up a train just so i dont have to light it every 3 puffs. every time i get better at keeping it lit longer each time.
anyone know the best way to help tongue bite heal faster? (at least thats what i think i have. the side of my tongue is white and hurts only when i rub it)

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Along with the Aloe Vera juice, some other things that help take away some of the sting of tongue bite are:
Tea

Biotene Mouthwash

Warm Salt Water Solution

Warm 50/50 mix of Peroxide and Water

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
A nice selection of baccy picked up you have. In my best Yoda speak. Take it slower and enjoy the whole picture of pipe smoking and you will have a hobby for a lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.