PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
So a few days ago i posted on here that I was looking for a specific tobacco that I wanted to match to something I already have. Everyone on here was great about it and helped me to figure out what the tobacco was.
Then today I decided that I would take a drive down to my local B&M to pick some of it up. I have been there before and I know that they carry McClelland bulk tobaccos. When I got there however, I was disappointed to find that they do not carry what I was looking for. I asked the manager if they ever carry it, or if they plan on ever carrying it. He was so excited that I actually knew what I was talking about that he decided to buy what I wanted in their next shipment!
I just thought it was really cool that they would go out of their way for me....and in one week I will have the tobacco I have been wanting!

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
It's great that a business would actually cater to the desires of a customer. Sounds like a B&M I'd like to live near.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I felt the same way about two local tobacconists, but neither delivered. I hope yours is better than mine.
-Jason

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I asked about Germain brands (want to try the 1820) at Faders earlier this week. They don't carry that brand, but the clerk said to email them and the would get what I want. Than, I tried some recommended King Eider and forgot about wanting something different...

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah my b&m is giving me an active role in educating them about pipes, tobaccos, etc., and they order exactly what i and the other guys want. It is awesome!

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
lestrout- no, i actually live in LA, but my parents live in the bay area. The place is actually called Marty's. Its in Glendora, CA. So if anyone is around you should go and support them. They do mostly cigars, but the owner even told me that he would love a bigger pipe crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.