PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Hoping this was a combination of timing and uninformed seller, it was listed right when i logged in so we’ll see. Wait do they mass produce these in china now?

Chinese pipes are definitely a thing. Last year I picked up a churchwarden for £25 new, complete with stand, filters, meshes, pipetool, funny little metal balls, you name it, made in China. Rosewood bowl, which gets hotter than an Arizonan summer, apart from that it's ok. Hope your new acquisition is pleasing (assuming it was your purchase!).

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Chinese pipes are definitely a thing. Last year I picked up a churchwarden for £25 new, complete with stand, filters, meshes, pipetool, funny little metal balls, you name it, made in China. Rosewood bowl, which gets hotter than an Arizonan summer, apart from that it's ok. Hope your new acquisition is pleasing (assuming it was your purchase!).
Well those i would nevery buy, my first pipe was from amazon and it went back 10 minutes after i got it. Lesson learned but not paid for.
I haven't seen Calabash and this certainly seems legit from all angles, the same seller has other tobacco items including some old storage items so it's not like he's just selling this pipe or selling 30 of them.

It's the old joke "One of a kind! Buy 2 and save 5 bucks!"

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Fairly common ebay occurrence. If the meerschaum smells like cologne or insence though, it's likely been used for weed.

• Haha
Reactions: AJL67

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Only laughing because I saw meerschaum cigar holder for $85 and it was listed as stone marijuana pipe or some shit like that lol.
I've gotten quite a few estates like that, a calabash as well.