PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Title edited for caps. See Rule 9.

I just had my "maiden voyage" smoke from my newest estate pipe and it was just a grand experience. I bought this from one of the members of this forum and it is a Comoy's Sunrise 284 Rhodesian. I went back and forth on whether to buy it or not, but the shape and condition kept calling to me. The bowl and the shank were in excellent condition but the stem was just about perfect. No marks or chatter whatsoever.

For my first bowlful, I selected Peterson's Navy Flake Deluxe, which I thought was a fitting first blend to start with, and I could not be happier with the performance. Not sure if it was the taste of the blend or the exuberance over the new pipe that made me puff it pretty aggressively at times, but at no time did the bowl feel hot. Just slightly warm. As you can tell from the expression of one of my dogs, in the photo below, the pipe is quite the "head turner." ;)

I am thrilled with how it performs and envision many relaxing bowlfuls of various blends in the immediate future.

Comoy Sunrise 284 Rhodesian a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Congrats, that's a gorgeous pipe! I've had great luck with the Comoy sub-brands; I have a Sunrise squat bulldog and a Town Hall saddle bit billiard, both punch WAY above their weight.

Reactions: BenMN and Choatecav

Cloozoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 1, 2023
I just had my "maiden voyage" smoke from my newest estate pipe and it was just a grand experience. I bought this from one of the members of this forum and it is a Comoy's Sunrise 284 Rhodesian. I went back and forth on whether to buy it or not, but the shape and condition kept calling to me. The bowl and the shank were in excellent condition but the stem was just about perfect. No marks or chatter whatsoever.

For my first bowlful, I selected Peterson's Navy Flake Deluxe, which I thought was a fitting first blend to start with, and I could not be happier with the performance. Not sure if it was the taste of the blend or the exuberance over the new pipe that made me puff it pretty aggressively at times, but at no time did the bowl feel hot. Just slightly warm. As you can tell from the expression of one of my dogs, in the photo below, the pipe is quite the "head turner." ;)

I am thrilled with how it performs and envision many relaxing bowlfuls of various blends in the immediate future.

View attachment 283745

Very handsome pipe...and dog!

Reactions: BenMN and Choatecav