Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
A big thank you goes to fellow member @karam !

It's love at first try!

The rope was nice and pliable to the touch and fairly oily but didn't leave an oily feel on my fingers.

The bag note was very pleasantly very figgy.

The Virginia definitely reminded me of a GH&C product. High quality and rich in flavor.

The perique comes across as decently strong but not too strong. It was very nicely balanced with the Virginia.

Overall the flavor was somewhat earthy, lots of dark stewed fruit, a touch of hay, a touch of citrus, and a nice amount of sweetness to top it all off.

The perique delivered a fair amount of spiciness but in terms of spice burn it was more like a pleasant cinnamon tingle instead of too much pepper. This is in spiciness only, not flavor.

I didn't notice any Lakeland floral/soapiness but this was my first go.

The flavors I mentioned above were easy to notice but never conflicted or competed for attention.

I chose a meer by H Ege for this since I was heading to the pool and paired it with some Barrell Dovetail whiskey.

1000013479.jpg

1000013480.jpg

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
Yes, it is a lovely blend. Too bad it has discontinued as G&H does not make anymore blends for Synjeco. I am happy I cellared a good amount of it before it went out of production.

Reactions: karam