PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
May get different opinions,but sure like Middletons Walnut for a starter............
I really enjoy Walnut, but it's pretty light on the latakia. Then again, sometimes that's just what I want. I'd call it an ultra-lite English.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
I to would strongly suggest Balkan Sasieni. I have smoked Dunhill's EMP and it is too srong for a first English blend. Another fine English is GL Pease's Westminister which is a great easy and high quality English blend. Stay away from Dunhill's 965 because while it's a very good blend it has a "kick" due to the nicotine.
Good luck......

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
well then i will grab a can of 965 gotta git me nic i always have a tin of EMP just aint tried the other dunhill blends yet kinda like supporting the local company (C&D)

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
EMP was my first and I'll always go back to it but Squadron Leader is mighty fine and Hearth and Home's Magum Opus and Black House are absolutely Righteous! MO is an Oriental Blend and BH is a Balkan. All good. Can't lose with any of them.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Seattle Pipe Club - Plum Pudding is the only English blend I have tried so far. I like it. I can see it becoming one of my favorites.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
anyone suggest frog morton yet? or is that not available in the uk? it tastes like a mild mellow english, but it's made in the usa. does that count?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just had a bowl of the new Balkan Sobranie last night. That is a very mild English, similar to my locally available Boswells "Mild English", but smokes better, smoother. Hard to find, but pretty tasty.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
I tend to go for Sam Gawiths Squadron Leader,Skiff Mixture and Balkan Flake or if you are not keed on SG then Robert Lewis' Tree Mixture is OK. I get my baccy from Smoke-King.co.uk they have a good range and shipping is spot on.Order it Monday and get it on Tuesday.btw what is under Jeremy Clarksons nose lol :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.