PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Aug 1, 2012
USA
Any suggestions for Bb&MS in Ho Chi Minh city? I'll be there for about a month. I won't be bringing much as I hear it's a pretty smoke-free city.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Me jealous. Heard from several well travelled friends that Vietnam is the best trip they ever took . Smoke away no worries, bring what you need and want . Cigs are abundant , not much else

Aug 1, 2012
USA
Sure as hell wasn't smoke free when I was there, Have you Googled the city for "tobacco" shops? I did. There appear to be at least one selling pipes. Don't want to spoil your own research. :sher:
They've clamped down in the last year. I have googled tobacco shops and the closest one is an hour away. That's why I asked. Maybe a member knows of a good one even if I do have to travel.

dingdong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
I have been in HCMC around 9 years ago and its pretty open city, a lot of bars and street food and no problem smoking. There's a Hard Rock Cafe in the city. A lot of open markets also very nice, near the river. puffy puffy puffy
Note . beware of booby-trap and girls with short pants

Aug 1, 2012
USA
I have been in HCMC around 9 years ago and its pretty open city, a lot of bars and street food and no problem smoking. There's a Hard Rock Cafe in the city. A lot of open markets also very nice, near the river. puffy puffy puffy
Note . beware of booby-trap and girls with short pants
Any good pipe tobacco places?

Reactions: wilblee

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I Googled and many appeared on the city map, all over the city. Hover over the business with your mouse and on some you'll see pipes displayed. Then click and open the website. Might be the most up to date available. Lots of vape shops though.

When I was there the smoke was accompanied by pyrotechnics, loud explosions and such. I was usually confined to the aircraft parking area, cowering under the Herky bird. I hated an RON mission.

PS

Really dumb, right? Using the main target for cover. Somebody had to supervise and do the weight and balance.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Thuốc lào, the local Nicotiana rustica: What is Thuoc Lao? ➝ Smoking Vietnamese Wild Tobacco - https://www.vietnameseprivatetours.com/thuoc-lao-vietnamese-tobacco
Thuoc_Lao-vietnamese.jpg