PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
For a toothache, you may use a leaf of Clove.
Had a bit of a toothache the other day and smoked a Djarum Black Clove cigarette and the ache went away. Just sorta held the smoke in my mouth etc.
Sniffing warm salt water thru the nose helps with nasal and throat issues. I do it just to keep thing cleared out and in good working order.
Toothpaste makes a fine polishing paste. (Not gel types)

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I have heard of and used most all of these remedies/methods. I try to stay as natural as I can. I tend to clean a lot with vinegar and use salt and vinegar or salt and lemon juice to clean pots and pans. Olive oil soap is rather easy to make and excellent for both skin and hair.
http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/soaprecipes/a/castrecipe.htm

jsullivan

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
If you don't like the smell of vinegar cleaning take a half gallon jar and let the vinegar sit under the sink for two weeks or longer with three lemons in it. The smell will mellow out drastically. But the cleaning power stays the same.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Cough syrup: http://www.naturalnews.com/022372.html

Boil a lemon for a few minutes to kill/clean off unwanted chemicals and bacteria on the skin, let it cool for a few minutes. Slice it up and add it to a pint of honey over low heat for about an hour. Strain the mixture into a jar and store in the fridge. Keeps for up to two months. Kids can take a 1/2 teaspoon for every 25 lbs (no honey for children under 1 year old tho). 1 tbsp for adults.
Mr. Sullivan, I have strict orders from my wife to bring some of this over to you guys tonight.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
I keep a bottle of tea tree oil around for a lot of things. Also a bottle of triple strength grapefruit seed extract.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
1/4 oz. of good weed soaked in a pint of ever clear for a month. Use topically for arthritis pain, muscle soreness,muscle cramps. A few drops under your tongue before bed and you will sleep like a rock. I also hear it helps symptoms of crohn's disease. Also makes for a good movie night :wink: use with caution, it can cause pregnancy!

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
Not all natural, but I do enjoy the Dr. Brommer's line of soaps. You can use them for body, hair, and teeth, plus washing clothes. Great for the backpacker.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Dr. Brommers and a Tsp of cooking oil in a spray bottle with water makes a good natural insect spray for the garden. I like the mint the best. Good ole Iso alcohol kills mealy bugs on contact and will not hurt the plants.

jsullivan

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
I haven't tried this myself yet but I'm told that the tobacco plant can be used in some realy nice insecticides. Use some soap with no lye and mix it with dusted tobacco leaf and put that in a spray bottle with water and off you go. The only problem I see is finding fresh tobacco leaf.....looks like I found something to add to the ol veggie bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.