PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
How do you prepare this type of cut. I got several cuts like this im my smoke pack today.This is much more dense than anything I have smoked do you just crumble it up I need a pipe smoking mentor.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I would recommend rubbing it out. Pack the bowl on the lighter side because since it is a Virginia cake it will bit the hell out of your tongue if you are puffing to hard. When I first started smoking this blend it was a bit of trial and error till I figured out a good packing method for this. I also like to cut it up into smaller squares and gravity fill it. Check out Bob's video's on packing and just try a few out. If you scroll to the bottom left of the screen you will see a section called Featured Articles by Bob Tate and he has few there that are very helpful.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Rubbing it out is my choice. As Surfmac said, Bob's video will give you the basics on several methods.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
In my experience, most flake tobaccos do best with no real packing done when loading the bowl. You want room for the tobacco to expand when you put fire to it. If I fully rub out the flake I will use very little pressure, if any, when packing the bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.