PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Interesting I'm assuming Vintage cut is the same as the Kendal Dark (shag).
which definitely has Malawi and and dark fired in it I never experienced those complex flavors in the American Spirit cigs though I never smoked the ryo version and its been quite a few years since I smoked any American Spirit.

Have you smoked the 2 Kendal cuts and can confirm my assumption they are the same flavor just different cut?
The shag does tend to smoke a bit fast and hot I wouldn't mind slowing/cooling it down , but I need them flavors or all bets are off...

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Interesting I'm assuming Vintage cut is the same as the Kendal Dark (shag).
which definitely has Malawi and and dark fired in it I never experienced those complex flavors in the American Spirit cigs though I never smoked the ryo version and its been quite a few years since I smoked any American Spirit.

Have you smoked the 2 Kendal cuts and can confirm my assumption they are the same flavor just different cut?
The shag does tend to smoke a bit fast and hot I wouldn't mind slowing/cooling it down , but I need them flavors or all bets are off...
Smoked what I posted, no comparisons. I wasn't impressed and it just tasted like an American Spirit light with some kind of licorice (very very light) to it. Again just my opinion and I'm sure not shared by all or even many.

Reactions: vosBghos

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I've only had the shag cut and didn't get AS cigs from it, just a nice aro dark fired kinda flavor. I've been curious to compare vintage cut to their original shag cuts - especially the Dark Birds Eye
Yeah big fan of both the dark Kendal and the dark birdseye , gonna grab some of the “ vintage cut“ see if it smokes slower /cooler yet retains the flavor profile of the shags , I’ll report back…