PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I singed my tongue pretty bad two weeks back. I let it rest for a week while using Biotene mouth wash regularly. Had a pipe again and still nothing. Is there anything else I can do to help this besides giving it more time (2 weeks?) to rest?

Edit: I also want to mention I've lost just a little bit of taste when it comes to food but that's not very noticeable, especially compared to being able to taste flavors from the smoke.

Last edited:

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
Nothing heals like time. I know the frustration of not be able to taste one's tobacco. Bullocks! Lost my sense of taste a couple times with Covid and it sucked much of the enjoyment right out of smoking, which is one of the things i look forward to as many opportunities as possible during the day.

Wishing your tongue a full recovery ASAP!

Reactions: ThermionicScott

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Nothing heals like time. I know the frustration of not be able to taste one's tobacco. Bullocks! Lost my sense of taste a couple times with Covid and it sucked much of the enjoyment right out of smoking, which is one of the things i look forward to as many opportunities as possible during the day.

Wishing your tongue a full recovery ASAP!
Thanks for the advice and well wishes, DJ! Guess there's nothing to it but to do it... er... I guess not do it, in this case.

Reactions: dottlejockey

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Some things that seemed to work for me with tongue burns:
-Eat cold stuff like a slushy and let it sit on your tongue
-Gently exfoliate the dead cells from the tongue with granulated sugar
-Brush tongue with toothbrush thoroughly, but not too roughly
-Avoid toothpaste with SLS or similar compounds

I've had a hard time with this for years. Even a sip of slightly too warm coffee seems to scorch my tongue for weeks. It's the weirdest thing.

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Some things that seemed to work for me with tongue burns:
-Eat cold stuff like a slushy and let it sit on your tongue
-Gently exfoliate the dead cells from the tongue with granulated sugar
-Brush tongue with toothbrush thoroughly, but not too roughly
-Avoid toothpaste with SLS or similar compounds

I've had a hard time with this for years. Even a sip of slightly too warm coffee seems to scorch my tongue for weeks. It's the weirdest thing.
Thanks for all the tips!