PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Maybe I missed it in the above posts, but do you inhale? I’m nicotine sensitive and I no longer inhale (stopped 20 years ago).
I also smoke mostly va’s not burleys. I’m under the impression that burleys are more nicotine laden.
Burleys have 12 to several hundred times the amount of nitrates ... if you are sensitive to nitrates (red wine, grapes etc) then you will get tongue bite, congestion, sinus irritation, headache, irritated mouth and throat. I am very sensitive to nitrates so I avoid Burleys if I can. It has to do with a bacteria in the mouth and digestive track that reacts to nitrates to process it for heart health and some people produce more of that bacteria therefore more irritation.

drayve85

Starting to Get Obsessed
This isn’t a “good” idea per se, but you could start smoking a few cigarettes a day, to get your nic tolerance up a lil bit. I’ve been smoking cigarettes since I was 17 (37 now) and I consider myself a nic heavy-weight. I VERY rarely get nic sick, and I believe that’s because I’ve been conditioning my body for pipes for years!!!lol like I said, not really a good idea, but it would prolly work.

DISCLAIMER: I exempt myself of any and all responsibility of any and all harm, arguments with wife and/or doctor and any and all loss of money!hahaha

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
This isn’t a “good” idea per se, but you could start smoking a few cigarettes a day, to get your nic tolerance up a lil bit. I’ve been smoking cigarettes since I was 17 (37 now) and I consider myself a nic heavy-weight. I VERY rarely get nic sick, and I believe that’s because I’ve been conditioning my body for pipes for years!!!lol like I said, not really a good idea, but it would prolly work.

DISCLAIMER: I exempt myself of any and all responsibility of any and all harm, arguments with wife and/or doctor and any and all loss of money!hahaha
Thanks for the disclaimer :) I’m gonna pass on your advice this time.

After a few months, I’ve gone back to sampling aromatics and haven’t had the same problem since.

Reactions: drayve85