PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
hehe

Once again he's managed to capture a moment we are all familiar with and set it down in the written word.

As I read the piece I saw my self throughout. Great fun, great read. Thanks Greg!
Unnh, you too Kevin (-:

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
There's something about having to wait for a new pipe in the mail. Getting a new one means it steals the show for a little while, but then you end up appreciating all of the nuances that your old pipes have and loving them all the more.
I still smoke my very first pipe regularly. Every one that's come after has only added to its charms.
Simon

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Whether it's a pipe or pipe tobacco - there is something FUN in the waiting for the delivery of "The Package." I think Msr Pease nailed the anticipation part.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I really like his blog posts. He is an excellent writer and that's a rare quality. Many people who work on the business side of a given industry/hobby and are enthusiasts themselves lack the ability to write at such a high level. Cheers to Mr. Pease for adding so much to the hobby.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That really is hitting the nail on the head. I had the PAD and my new Pete came this morning. Didn't take 5 minutes till I christened it with the Black House. Then right behind it, another bowl in one my old friends, a Pete Canadian. Nothing comes close, (almost, anyway). Great read!

Jul 15, 2011
I consider myself a writer and Mr. Pease puts me to shame. So does his knowledge of pipe tobacco, cigars, and pipes in general, as well as his ability to make an excellent blend. I envy the man.

nikko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2011
that was a great story, and as many of you have said, pretty much had described my own experiences of waiting for a pipe, well less the checking the tracking number every couple of hours to see if it somehow could make it here a day or two early...

Status
Not open for further replies.