PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Kspipe

Lurker
Sep 23, 2023
Kansas
I’m a fan of the get piped pod cast. I realize there content isn’t for everyone but I have come to really enjoy there take on pipes and the hobby. Good, bad, or indifferent, just thought it might start a conversation I’d like to see.

Reactions: jbfrady

jbfrady

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
Theirs represents the other side of the coin. Brian has been smoking for longer than Adam's been alive, so it's a totally different feel. For one, it's about searching for anything new after decades of experience and for the other, everything is new in a centuries-old industry, so it gives you the chance to reconnect with nostalgia.

In short, I appreciate the dichotomy of what these two represent in their own ways and I'm glad to see another fan of Get Piped.

Reactions: Kspipe

Kspipe

Lurker
Sep 23, 2023
Kansas
Theirs represents the other side of the coin. Brian has been smoking for longer than Adam's been alive, so it's a totally different feel. For one, it's about searching for anything new after decades of experience and for the other, everything is new in a centuries-old industry, so it gives you the chance to reconnect with nostalgia.

In short, I appreciate the dichotomy of what these two represent in their own ways and I'm glad to see another fan of Get Piped.
I agree Brian’s show was my first pipe pod cast and I still never miss a show

Reactions: jbfrady

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
I love the guys and what they do for the pipe community but I'm not a fan of the podcast. I think they've got a lot of content/series that are pipe adjacent (e.g. The Courier) which I skip but I'll listen to the ones where they talk about pipe smoking specifically.

Last edited:

jbfrady

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
I love the guys and what they do for the pipe community but I'm not a fan of the podcast. I think they've got a lot of content/series that are pipe adjacent (e.g. The Courier) which I skip but I'll listen to the ones where they talk about pipe smoking specifically.
It's certainly a change of pace. It's about two buddies who are pipe smokers, rather than about two pipe smokers who are buddies.

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
It's certainly a change of pace. It's about two buddies who are pipe smokers, rather than about two pipe smokers who are buddies.
I get what you mean but I don't think that's the crux of my issue. It's not that their friendship comes before pipes but that they're exploring other things (stories, poems, etc.) that happen to be about pipes. I enjoy their content that's directly pipe related like their Anecdottle series.

Reactions: jbfrady and Kspipe

Kspipe

Lurker
Sep 23, 2023
Kansas
I see what you mean. There not a just the facts kinda show and that’s what there fans love(at least thats one of my favorite things). But I also see that a little more straight pipes and tobacco could go along ways

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
I see what you mean. There not a just the facts kinda show and that’s what there fans love(at least thats one of my favorite things). But I also see that a little more straight pipes and tobacco could go along ways
Yup but that's just my opinion. They're clearly very successful and have a lot of engagement with their content. Even if it's not quite for me I'm happy for their success and how they're engaging and promoting the pipe community.

Reactions: Kspipe and jbfrady