Gawith & Hoggarth Dark Virigina Cavendish (Unscented)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokerdepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
Just came back from sitting outside - just to get outside! I grabbed my John Calich billiard and loaded her up with some Gawith Hoggarth Dark Virginia Cavendish. I've had this in a jar for quite a number of years; I had to look it up on Tobaccoreviews.com to get the gist of what I was in for.

It packs like a broken flake but lights up right away after the charring light and only needed one re-light near the bottom 1/3rd of the bowl. Very tasty stuff. You can taste a hint of the Lakeland type flavouring right off the bat, but it disappears and leaves you smoking the rest of the bowl that provides you with a wonderful, strong and solid Virigina smoke. The scent is very pleasant and the taste is that of a good Virginia - grassy, sweet, broad but light at the same time.

I'm not a very good reviewer as some of you other fellas, but man this was an enjoyable bowl. Can't wait to have another one tomorrow! Later on tonight at work I'll try to sneak in an aromatic.

Cheers! Stay home and stay safe out there!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That sounds good to me. I have a jar of C&D unflavored black Cavendish on hand, for smoking neat and mixing. It's mild but notably pleasant with good volume to the smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.