PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fishmansf

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
This is quickly becoming one of my top three favorite blends. Typically I am not a G.L. Pease fan, I find many of Greg's blends to be a bit bland but this one is one of my tops.
Flavor: If umami was a pipe blend, it would be Regent Flake. In fact, I would say this is the sweetest/ most umami un-topped blend I have ever smoked, even over OGS which to me, is my all time favorite blend because of that natural sweetness. I get a salty molasses and chocolate note from that sweetness with a little bit of must. Some peppery notes really compliment the sweetness and really add to the umami flavor. If it weren't for these I would say that the blend might be a bit one dimensional. Consistent flavor throughout the bowl, towards the end, the umami faded into a bit more of a smoky/musty flavor that still was very enjoyable.
Moisture: Flakes are quite wet when rubbed out and require a bit of dry time. For me, I usually nuke it in the microwave for about 5-7 seconds and then let sit for 2. That brings it to the perfect moisture level for me.
Burn: Very even burn all the way down the bowl. You don't have to fight it to stay lit like some other moist flakes, its very well behaved.
Bite: This blend doesn't bite me at all and I am a hungry smoker (I puff pretty fast even when I try to go slow). I find it to be a very smooth consistent heat all the way down the bowl.
Nicotine: Hard to say from this one since I really don't get a lot of nic from pipe smoking but I was craving some snus this morning and after my bowl I was entirely satiated so I would put it at medium strength.
Overall: Highly Recommend, in fact, I couldn't recommend this blend enough.