PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I had to change my bidding method since I was out of the country and didn't have good interwebz access often. I just entered my max price and hoped for the best. Sort of a set it and forget it method.

I bid on 8 pipes total and won 4. One of the pipes I didn't expect to get so it was really only 7 I went after.

Here are the 4 funky ones I got:

Unsmoked Rolando Negoita Smooth Blowfish Pipe (Looks like a happy whale to me.):

10_1.jpg

10_4.jpg

10_5.jpg

Rolando Negoita Unsmoked Smooth Freehand Pipe (Very excited to win this one.):

83_1.jpg

83_6.jpg

83_5.jpg

Rolando Negoita Smooth Sitting Freehand Pipe (Another one I'm super excited about.):

86_1.jpg

86_5.jpg

83_5.jpg

Maigurs Knets Unsmoked Nautilus (This one goes well with the sandblasted one I won in the last auction.):

45_1.jpg

45_6.jpg

45_3.jpg

My invoice is paid and I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
#2 is completely original, derivative of nothing. An entirely new design.

It's likely that another carver thought of something like it from time to time, but that's as far as they got. The technical difficulty of that design is impossible for anyone without relevant shop experience to fully comprehend. The combination of challenging shaping problems AND zero room for error in execution, is insane.

Please don't drop it on rough concrete, let a dog use it as a chew toy, or stir a pot of soup with it, OK? The world might never see another.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
These are amazing. What a great collection and they are exactly what I would buy given the opportunity. That second is truly singular. But they are all fantastic looking pipes.

Reactions: shanez

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Negoita was an original, and his work is likely the most represented from a single Carver in my collection. Heeschen is near or above or below, I've not counted. Those are marvelous acquisitions. He was a very good man, and an artist. Well done.