PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I'm not a huge fan of cherry blends, but once in a while I like the taste of some if it's not too strong with a heavy cherry flavor. I like to mix blends together to see what happens sometimes, and tonight I found probably my favorite cherry combo so far. Also just to keep the theme going I smoked it in an old Ropp cherrywood pipe. Here's what I mixed: used some GH Cherry Cream Flake with Blood Red Moon about 50/50. Very nice cherry flavor, with some nice Virginia flavor too. The Cherry Flake is very mildly flavored with cherry, whereas the Blood Red Moon is quite strongly flavored with cherry, so the mix is a nice mild cherry flavor that still tastes like tobacco.
Just what happens when I get bored sitting around. Cherry-O chaps!
photo-on-10-26-16-at-734-pm-3-600x383.jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Cosmic: Actually it's quite good by itself, but sometimes I just want a little more cherry flavor. I like most of GH flakes and recently tried their Brown Flake Licorice, again mildly flavored but quite tasty.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
I like most of GH flakes and recently tried their Brown Flake Licorice

I've been enjoying their Dark Flake Licorice myself (maybe the same thing?)

Good stuff. It's in my regular rotation now. I'll need to try the Cherry Cream Flake and some of the other flavored flakes I've recently seen. Happy to hear about the nice smoke!

aeropuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2016
To my taste buds, what I am smoking now is "New Minster Very Cherry". To me it is quite mild in the cherry taste. It is a mild cool smoke, it might be best as a early or first bowl in the morning.And it is cheap.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
You guys like more cherry than I can take--- but I've found that a pinch of Blood Red Moon in an otherwise non-aro mix can have a nice effect of adding more breadth to the flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.