PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
When I get a message saying that I have a friend request I don't understand what it means or how to go about responding to it.Could someone please explain it? Thanks

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Ok guys here goes nothing!
Accepting Friendship Requests:

When you get a notification that you have a Friendship Request, you should place your cursor over the Notification and click on the appropriate part of the drop-down. That should take you to the Profile Page of the person who sent you the Friendship Request. In the center of that screen... give or take. Click on Accept Friendship. That's it.
Here is my standard PM for How to make a Friendship Request:
On the PM.com Home Page, scroll down a bit and you will see the newest members.

On the bar just above the New Members you will see ”Active” and ”Popular”

If you click on their Screen Name or Avatar it will take you to their Profile Page.

You will see ”Add Friend” click on that.

For a more advanced method you can utilize the Members button just below the tabs on your browser.

There is a list of all members there. You can also use the URL from the Members button. While it is in the URL address space on your browser you can type a ” / ” then the members Screen Name and that will bring up that person’s main Profile page.
Here’s an example:
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/pstlpkr
Have fun!

Lawrence (Modeator)

:puffy:

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
Ok Paul. I get the same Forbidden and the 403 error message when I try to get the my profile after signing in. I can get to my profile if I go to the top of the page and click on notifications of transactions.
Any one know why?
Lawrence: what does being a friend mean or do for one?

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Click on notifications very top of page , left of center and it will open up your options page . You can change your profile by clicking your name under your avitar in your last post . The profile under member login does not work . :crazy:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Lawrence: what does being a friend mean or do for one?

I've been asked this before...

It's nothing too euphoric, but this is why I send Friendship Requests to every new member.

1) It affords me the opportunity to see the new members information at least once, twice if they accept it.

I am more likely to remember their real name when I interact with them in a PM setting. It's just more friendly. (IMHO)

2) I'm trying to catch Kevin... :D
Admin

2017 friends
Pstlpkr

1958 friends
Probably take me 100 years.... :crying:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Yippeee!
icon_cheers.png