PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We have two guests on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight. In our featured segment we have Fred Hanna returning. Fred is a well-known pipe collector, author, and speaker at pipe shows. He has a PhD. in psychology and teaches the same at the Chicago Campus at Adler University. He is also author of the book, “The Perfect Smoke”. This is the fourth in a recurring series with a long form discussion of pipe and tobacco questions sent in by our listeners. In the opening “Pipe Parts” segment, our guest is Ash from The Chap’s Guide YouTube Channel. This will also be a recurring series with practical tips on things like dressing sharply, hats, watches, journaling and many other areas that tend to cross over with pipe enthusiast’s interests.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Fred-Hanna-Brian-Levine.jpg

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
Great show. I enjoyed the discussion on hats with Ash. I wear flat caps pretty much exclusively, and agree they work well for most weather and attire. I’m not really one for brimmed hats, except for one straw hat my wife bought for me when we visited Lancaster Pennsylvania on our anniversary lol. It’s a great sun hat.

Also, Mr Hanna mentioned eating tobacco in a salad, which I’ve never tried. However, shag Virginia leaf used sparingly as a spice imparts a subtle smokey flavor to food. I’ve used it in sauces and in a barbecue smoke box to great effect.

virginiapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
Virginia
As somebody who occasionally wears baseball caps (and constantly feels out of place while doing so), I found that discussion of the flat cap illuminating.

I completely co-sign the sentiment that one should stop smoking when the bowl of tobacco (or cigar) is no longer enjoyable.

Thanks for another great show!

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
As somebody who occasionally wears baseball caps (and constantly feels out of place while doing so), I found that discussion of the flat cap illuminating.

I completely co-sign the sentiment that one should stop smoking when the bowl of tobacco (or cigar) is no longer enjoyable.

Thanks for another great show!
If you wanna try em out, e4Hats.com has a great selection.

Reactions: virginiapiper