PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
What am i going to do for my first hour at work now! I used to read all the emails from the day before. I guess I'll actually have to work in the morning.LOL

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Hey Kevin,
I have a fix request: If I'm on the forum page and want to go to my Profile page by clicking on "Your Profile" under "Member Login", I always get a HTTP 403 Forbidden message. I have to go to the home page and then click on the same option to get into my profile.
Anyone else notice this?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Menckenite, that only happens in the crippled version of the software when you haven't paid for a subscription.

So pony-up like the rest of us.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Hey cortez, what do you mean? I did pony-up. I asked Lawrence where I should mail the money. He told me to send it to him and he would take care of it. He also said it had to be delivered by that UPS girl (in another thread). Lawrence, have you made a deposit yet? LOL

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey cortez, what do you mean? I did pony-up. I asked Lawrence where I should mail the money. He told me to send it to him and he would take care of it. He also said it had to be delivered by that UPS girl (in another thread). Lawrence, have you made a deposit yet? LOL
I plead a fifth of tequilla.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Actually I prefer getting the notifications, but do realize that some prefer not to. I am with brazz in that it gives me something to do while getting paid to work.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Fix request noted menckenite.
Please bear with me as I work down my very long list of stuff to do.
Must be something on my computer because I still have the same problem today. No big deal, it's not gonna keep me from the site.
Kevin, I think the site looks great and you're doing a good job no matter what cortez and Lawrence say.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
menckenite - just to clarify, I haven't done anything on the issue you mentioned, and probably will not get to it for at least a month or two. Sorry.
Are you guys getting the email notifications as before?

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Sorry Kevin, I didn't read the "noted" part of your first reply. Duh! I just focused on "Fix" and thought it was.
BTW, yes, I'm still getting email notifications.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Menckenite,
If you click on your screen name under your Icon in the forum you will go to a profile page. The second line under your Icon on that page says "manage your favorites".

Click on that link. Then you can stop or add email notifications for each string in the forums.

I hope that helps.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
pstlpkr,
Thanks but I did that two days ago and even remembered to "Update Profile" after unchecking the box. However, I'm still getting the messages. Also, every time I go back to the page the box is checked again.
Just to clairify, I'm going to the "edit this information" link to uncheck the box and not "manage your favorites" because I couldn't find the option you mention in that latter link.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Ok, I think I got things worked out on the notifications.
The short explanation is:
When you uncheck the box to receive notifications, it will only stay unchecked if you have no threads in your favorites list.
menckenite - You had several posts in your favorites. I deleted all your favorites and unchecked the box, and now it stays unchecked.
So, anyone that wants to stop getting emails from the forums, go into your profile and delete your favorites first, then uncheck the box.
Another setting we used to have is that anytime you replied to a thread it would automatically make it a favorite. That won't happen anymore either, but it is probably why a lot of you have a lot of favorites.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thanks Kevin,
I had gotten in to the habit of "return to top" and uncheck.

Now I have to break that habit.
Bout got it licked.
Thanks again,

L

Status
Not open for further replies.