PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
Call carousel tobacconist in reading, worth the drive from mason

I live in montgomery.
this little shop is seriously good people. dude just helped me pick up my first estate pipe, and even stayed a little late past closing, holding him up from his grandson's birthday no less, to help me with my selection. i will be going back to these people.
on topic, is it BOTH jungle jim's, or just the old one? i am south of the river and eastgate is a little closer (but still a hike).

300e

Lurker
Feb 26, 2013
JJ-
Eastgate has a nice pipe section as well. I was there a couple of weeks ago, and was impressed with the selection and pricing for a B&M. Don't recall exactly, but the Dunhill tins were like $10 or $11 each.
There is a separate parking area in the rear that gives you direct access to the beer, liquor, and tobacco sections if you don't want to have to wade through the entire store.
Check it out, it's very nicely done.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Stopped by JJ's again yesterday and picked up a couple more MacBaren tins. I got Mixture Modern and Roll Cake. The Roll Cake has 2 years of age on it already from sitting on the shelf! They also got in all of the Erik Stokkeby (spelling?) 4th Generation blends.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Headed over to Jungle Jim's Fairfield store tomorrow (10-10) for the cigar tasting. I'm not a cigar smoker but its rare for me to be off on a Thursday night and I jump at the chance to be around other smokers. The event is from 5-8 and some supposedly super famous guy named Willie Hererra from Drew Estate is going to be there selling cigar samplers. I'm hoping he'll bring some of the new pipe tobaccos. I'll be there from about 5-7 if anyone wants to drop by and have a smoke. They have a full service bar as well. I was told getting in is free and the cigar samplers are $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.