PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricospipe

Lurker
Apr 11, 2013
Nashua, N.H.
Pipe seems very clean, hardly used, but I definitely wanna sterilize & sweeten it
The stem hole is VERY,very small. A pipe cleaner will NOT fit.
Any suggestions on how to clean it?
Also, the bowl won’t hold any alcohol to sterilize it, it leaks out of the stem hinges.
Any other way to sterilize it?
Rico

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Cotton ball soaked in alcohol set in bowl will do I would think. As for the stem not sitting a pipe cleaner, how would you smoke out of it?! I know you can buy slim pipe cleaners other than that, your on your own.

ricospipe

Lurker
Apr 11, 2013
Nashua, N.H.
wnghanglow,
Boy, can tell it's early morning - I didn't thionk of the cottonball!
That was the another question, how to clean it after smoking it.

I'll hav'ta check some of the local B&Ms for slim pipe cleaners.

Never looked for them before cause I never needed them.
Rico

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Well tell us how it works out, also take your pipe in, a local B&M may let you test a pipe cleaner. Some might even clean it for you! Although I hate to say, some hire people who don't know diddly about pipes and will look at you weird if you ask any questions. Good luck!

Aug 1, 2012
If you want thin pipe cleaners, I've heard, but not tested, that Falcon extra thin pipe cleaners might do the trick.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
If you want thin pipe cleaners, I've heard, but not tested, that Falcon extra thin pipe cleaners might do the trick.
I keep a pack of Falcon cleaners handy just in case I need them, this would be the best idea to try.

ricospipe

Lurker
Apr 11, 2013
Nashua, N.H.
Al,
I tried 18 gauge copper wire and it still hangs up on the hinge. I did get lucky one time & got t past the first joint. I dn't wanna have to go through this after every smoke.
I did find lettering on it after I cleaned it: DR. BROWN FOLDING PIPE
Rico

ricospipe

Lurker
Apr 11, 2013
Nashua, N.H.
Kashmir,
The pipe stem folds,and the hinges are metal, as is the end that screws into the bowl.
wide-shot-150x112.jpg

Also, the bowl has a metal piece that accepts the stem's screw.

Neither would be drill-able.

apart-600x450.jpg

Here it is folded:
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/7735/folded-600x450.jpg
It's an awesome pipe, I don't wannamoke it till I can do an after-smoke cleaning without it being a major undertaking.
Thanks,

Rico

Status
Not open for further replies.