PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Folks:
Sorry for another newb question, but I just got my first set of Micromesh pads the other day and they're amazing. I purchased a nine pack and have been using them exclusively on stems. The problem is, I'm loading these pads up and don't know how to clean them.
Can somebody clue me in?
Cheers.
Fnord

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
I have not used mine yet. But, I think the instructions I have read say wash them out with water. I think they are to be used wet. I am sure you will get expert advice soon. My Best. :crazy:

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I clean mine with a drop of detergent in a basin of water then let air dry!
If its the same thing I'm talking about, that What I do, works for me.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
I use them wet, and haven't had a problem with them loading up yet... When they start to discolor, I just run them under the water and gently scrub them with my finger...

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Thanks for the feedback, folks. I have been using them dry, and while pleased with the results, I'll try working wet tonight.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yea, wet is definitively the way to go. I have seen where some people use dish detergent and water while sanding for extra lubrication but I have not tried that method yet.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I whaled away on three stems last evening. Working wet took less than half the time and I was very pleased with the results. I then laid on two applications of Halcyon II and those stems are now some kind of pretty.
I really appreciate the feedback to my initial question. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.