Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Oct 20, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
Hey guys. I have a load of Mixture No.79 which I'm not crazy about. Is there any way of adding a flavour to it. I seen Cherry&Vanilla tobacco spray online and wondering if anyone new anything about it. Or is there any other way??? Thanks

Reactions: JOHN72

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
I'm not much for spraying stuff on tobacco. Your best bet would be to mix it with some Black Cavendish or a type of tobacco that you prefer, either Virginia or Burley. Start off with maybe a 50-50 mix and see if that makes it better. If you like Latakia maybe mix a small % to see if that improves it to your taste buds. I usually add Black Cavendish to so-so tobacco. It seems to mellow out some of the rough spots.

Oct 20, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
I'm not much for spraying stuff on tobacco. Your best bet would be to mix it with some Black Cavendish or a type of tobacco that you prefer, either Virginia or Burley. Start off with maybe a 50-50 mix and see if that makes it better. If you like Latakia maybe mix a small % to see if that improves it to your taste buds. I usually add Black Cavendish to so-so tobacco. It seems to mellow out some of the rough spots.
Thanks for that. Problem is I have so much of the stuff, Mixture No.79. Nearly 2 kilos. So would be easier if it was possible to use a spray. Someone else mentioned using Vanilla essence so might try that.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
If it were me I’d just store it away or use it as a blending component to flavour other blends - obviously don’t do this if you don’t like the flavour profile at all.

alternatively stick around and once you meet the requirements see if someone would want to trade for it.

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
There were 2 or 3 occasions with different tobaccos that were unbearable for me.
I sprayed them with a shot of single malt whisky and let them dry.
In 1 out of 3 cases the tobacco "was saved".
Just an idea.
But perhaps giving it to someone else, is indeed the best solution.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and john19

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
2 kilos of it? Chuck it in the Liffey mate & watch the river turn green!? Unless you're an environmentalist of course, in which case you'd be better off giving it to somebody like Half there Dan the clay pipe man. He's a mentalist & would probably love it. ?