PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Friend of mine brought in his Grandfathers old Willard Pipe to work, it hadn't been smoked for many years and was pretty well plugged up. I took it home and soaked it in Vodka and used everything I could think of to unplug it and finally got it to break loose and after a couple hours of cleaning she it looking like a good smoker again. Looking forward to break time tomorrow so he can fire it up.

phone12-17-12004_zpsfc8091e9.jpg

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice save on that old Willard ! For a cheap pipe,they are among the cheapest Grabow ever made,they are really good smokers and most have the Ajustomatic stem.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Damned nice work, 05.
If I remember correctly - keep me straight here, Ed - many hundred of thousand Willards were given away to G.I.s during WWII. I've also been told by several pipe smoking vets of the Vietnam police action that Willards were staples in their Base PX and went for a song.
I appreciate the time and effort you took to reconnect your buddy with his grandfather, 05. That's really commendable.
Fnord

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
This world revolves around people helping one another . I myself have been so fortunate to recieve two lots of inherited pipes totaling over 100 . I jump at the chance to help others when I can . If I find a smoker with a broken pipe , and no money , He will get a decent smoker from me ,if i feel he or she is a decent human being . I also have given many guitar to poor blues men . I have people over to fix up their old beat up guitars mostly for free , and by the time I forgot about the favor they are giving things right back . I applaude you for taking the time to reunite a man with memories of his grandfather . I wish I could have had the chance to bond with mine .

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Thanx All for the kind words, He really appreciated it and it was nice to have another buddy to pipe with at work. I now have two other guys at work enjoying a pipe on our last break at work. Good Times

Status
Not open for further replies.