PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
If visiting a thread I have read before, how do I jump to the first new/unread post in that thread, without having to manually scroll through the whole thing to see where I got to last time?

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
little blue numbers indicate the pages at the top of the thread...click on the last and at least you start with fewer entries to scroll through.

However...each page is its own challenge

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Tapping Latest Reply at the top of the screen will take you to the very last reply as well.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
The easiest way is to tap on the far right of the thread where it say "freshness". This takes you directly to the newest post.
This way works when you are looking at the General Board or any other bulk Board.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
It'd also be nice if there was some sort of a highlight to remind us which threads we've participated in.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
All great suggestions... but in response to the OP's question. It is not possible. You either start at the beginning, or at the end.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Cosmic, on the Forum Home page at he top of the "orange" block titled "Latest Discussions" and where the "sticky's" are.
But it's easier to say it's on the far right where it tells how old the thread is. Click on the "time", i.e., 5 minutes, 1 hour, etc.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Very true, but a 1 minute old post may have one or a hundred unread posts.
I generally click on "Latest Unread" and go back if warranted.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You can also tap, "ADD THIS TOPIC TO YOUR FAVORITES", and you will get emails for each new post.

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
All great suggestions... but in response to the OP's question. It is not possible. You either start at the beginning, or at the end.
Thanks skraps, I think this is the truth of the matter. What I was hoping for, simply doesn't exist. I think it may be the first forum I've ever been part of that doesn't have this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.