PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
First pipes found are in
Cartagena, Spain. Have been touring and these are the first pipes I found. Had pipe tobacco in the drugstore style pouches but warning labels were so large they actually covered the names. Cigarette packs and cartons are stacked to the ceiling and stacked on counters. There were many cigarette names I have never heard of but different markets different names I guess. I thought there was only 3 companies that actually produce (or own the production of) cigarettes.

Attachments

• IMG_7061.jpeg
    IMG_7061.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 40

Non-Mentholated Black Man

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2024
Where Texas Began
The striped pipe in the upper-left corner is somewhat reminiscent of the alternating red/white arch voussoirs found throughout much of the Iberian Peninsula.

I would be quite interested to see a pipe that has been made to mimic that architectural style, should you happen across any.

Reactions: LOREN

camaguey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 25, 2021
west indies
If you are looking for fine pipes in Spain , try with Cartago pipes on the internet. I call this guy the Iberic Barry Levin. You won't be disappointed.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
The second shelf looks like all Savinelli's, third looks like all Vaugns, 4th like Rattrays, 1st and ffth ??? Stanwell maybe and someone else ??? There are some nice pipes there.