PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

coreymillia

Lurker
Jul 10, 2024
This is my first meerschaum pipe. I know it is not exactly a masterpiece, but it was fun, came about how I expected. I am considering making a briar pipe. For now, this was enough, and my pipe budget is spent for a while.

I would like to carve an entire pipe from raw meerschaum. I was wondering how do you make the stem screw into the meerschaum? Assuming it's probably just screwed it in while it is wet.

Anyway, just wanted someone out there to see it, and thanks for checking it out!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
This is my first meerschaum pipe. I know it is not exactly a masterpiece, but it was fun, came about how I expected. I am considering making a briar pipe. For now, this was enough, and my pipe budget is spent for a while.

I would like to carve an entire pipe from raw meerschaum. I was wondering how do you make the stem screw into the meerschaum? Assuming it's probably just screwed it in while it is wet.

Anyway, just wanted someone out there to see it, and thanks for checking it out!
My understand is that it's difficult to get raw meerschaum due to an export ban of it from Turkey.

Reactions: BrightDarkEyes