PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
From James Ravenwood's The Briar Fellowship website:
"Swiftcurrent Coffee" collaboration with The Country Squire
50g sealed tin - Reviews since the release have been fantastic, grab a tin or two if you missed out!
I am very excited for this blend release!! The gents at the Squire and I have been working on this blend for a couple months and its finally ready. A mashup of their Cowboy Coffee and my Switfcurrent Lake! You can expect warm notes of velvety coffee and caramel, nutty granola from the burleys, and a vanilla latte taste. This blend has an outstanding room note as well, smelling of cinnamon toast and a hint of vanilla. All sealed up in a 50g tin.
Tell only your friends..."

This past month I picked up a couple tins of Swiftcurrent Coffee from The Country Squire & thought I'd post my initial impressions after trying half a dozens bowls of the blend.

I'm a big fan of The Country Squire pipe tobaccos. Every blend I've tried has been quality leaf masterfully blended, is a bulk that's ready to go without lots of drying, smoke like a dream, & are darn tasty! I haven't been familiar with the offerings from The Briar Fellowship, but if Swiftcurrent Coffee is an indication of how good James' blends can be I think I need to be looking into those a bit more!

Swiftcurrent Coffee is what an aromatic pipe tobacco blend should be. High quality tobaccos with just the right amount of topping/casing as to not be goopy. No need for drying. Minimal relights. And flavor in spades! The coffee, caramel, vanilla casing is perfectly applied & very obvious but the underlying tobaccos readily shine through. The burleys do indeed yield a marvelous nuttiness throughout. The Virginias add definite richness to the blend. The dark fired Kentucky is perfectly added & gives the blend an almost barbeque-like essence. Fantastic room note. A definite keeper!

Yes, it's a bit more expensive than many other tobaccos, but in my humble opinion definitely worth every penny & highly recommended!

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
This sounds interesting. I love Cowboy Coffee! Will add this to the 'to try' list. Rarely smoke aros, but things like Corncob Pipe and a Button Nose from C&D persuade me to revisit.

Went over there to have a look-see and it's already out of stock. lol