First Impressions: C&D Snug Harbor (Recommended!)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Description from SmokingPipes.com: C&D pays tribute to sailors everywhere who have been so influential to pipe smoking through the centuries. Snug Harbor is a delicious blend of Burleys, Turkish, Latakia and Perique with just a hint of flavoring to enhance the natural sweetness and room note.

If, like me, you like spicy and peppery blends, then C&D Snug Harbor is for you. It's classified as an English Aromatic on SPC and an Aromatic on TobaccoReviews, but in my mind it's an English blend with an extra helping of something spicy. I assume it is the Perique, but one review on TR says this has Izmir in it, which I believe would also add some peppery spice. I know little about Turkish tobacco, so please correct me if this is incorrect.

I did not get the vanilla taste that others find. However, I did catch a hint of something fruity every once in awhile that reminded me of red wine or brandy. I'll have to investigate this on future bowls, particularly in an unfiltered pipe next time.

Nicotine level is almost to medium. It snuck up on me.

I really enjoyed this bowl and am happy to find something with a peppery kick. I would like to find similar blends that are also burley heavy like this one.

I cannot smoke all day, but if I did, I would not smoke this one all day.

Smoked in a Calabresi Metamorfosi bent brandy sitter with a 9mm Vauen Dr. Perl Jr filter.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Thanks for the excellent review. It's good stuff and the price is right. I'm one of the people that can taste a hint of vanilla in there. Comfortable like warm graham crackers. Some morning's it's just perfect. I have cellared it fairly deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.