PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Quickhatch

Lurker
Apr 14, 2024
I have asked a couple of pipe traders/resellers as well as pipe shops (ie Briarville) to be on the lookout for an estate horn. No luck at all after a year of searching. Are there certain pipe retailers or pipe hunters that exist whereby they find the specific style of pipe vs having to surf eBay or check fine sites such as this looking for a needle in the haystack?

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
Horn as in horn stem?
If the pre-owned factor is negotiable, Smoking Pipes sells some Ropps with horn stems which are kind of like pseudo-estates (new product, but the stummels sat in a box in a warehouse for decades before being finished).

Reactions: orlandofurioso

Quickhatch

Lurker
Apr 14, 2024
Horn as in horn stem?
If the pre-owned factor is negotiable, Smoking Pipes sells some Ropps with horn stems which are kind of like pseudo-estates (new product, but the stummels sat in a box in a warehouse for decades before being finished).
Thanks! Looking for a Horn pipe. Or a Zulu or Cutty. Briar more East and West with the stem.

Quickhatch

Lurker
Apr 14, 2024
Maybe im looking in the wrong places. The style I like most lean Japanese. Almost flatline. Looking for smooth. I haven’t found much except high end +$500, so yea, price is a factor. I just missed out on a couple of Jeantets in an auction tonight. And lost out on a few others over the past year.

Reactions: AroEnglish

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
This exam1719300905082.pngple is one that I think is a practical stem shape to team with the horn stummel.

Last edited:

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
You have to give information if you want information. I have no problem when searching eBay listing what I am looking and it will send back a list items. Yes, there will be lots of pipes in there that aren't what if am looking for but there be some that are. And you can always go to eTailors and peruse their wares.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
If you have a rep with smokingpipes.com (VIP status), you can tell them what you’re interested in and sometimes they may contact you if they notice something that matches. Hit and miss, though. I don’t think it’s automated. And then the rep changes. The bottom line is you need to invest some time to improve your chances of finding what you’re lookng for in the price range you’re seeking. Or go to a pipe show. A few are coming up! NASPC in Columbus, CORPS in Richmond, and Vegas.