PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Like many on here, I have failed miserably over the years at creating my own blend. Finally got one that I really love and don’t just smoke and hate because I’m too much of a cheap ass to throw it out. Put together 8oz Sutliff 707 sweet Virginia which has a very slight honey top note with the usual hay and grass notes. 3oz C&D Burley Ribon Cut, that doesn’t have a “sharpness” that I get with most of their Burley products and just tastes like Burley. Last but not least 1.5oz of Sutliff TS-20 Louisiana Perique. It’s a super earthy mushroom umami bomb with just a bit of pepper.
Now I can die a happy man and not a failure?

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
You need to come up with a good name for this magical blend. Kurtbob's Delight or Sock Hairs or Gabriel's Horn Flakes. You have to name it so when people says "hey, what ya smoking?" You can say "I'm smoking my own concoction. I call it Cat's Ass Surprise. Congrats on the mixture.
I see where you’re going there! I’m kinda partial to “Wet Dog”.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I’m glad you’ve had success with your home blending. Most of the stuff I mix up for myself isn’t bad but I’m hoping to stumble onto something really good.

I’m currently smoking one of my better efforts but I can’t seem to find the notes I wrote re the tobaccos and ratios I used. ?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Like many on here, I have failed miserably over the years at creating my own blend. Finally got one that I really love and don’t just smoke and hate because I’m too much of a cheap ass to throw it out. Put together 8oz Sutliff 707 sweet Virginia which has a very slight honey top note with the usual hay and grass notes. 3oz C&D Burley Ribon Cut, that doesn’t have a “sharpness” that I get with most of their Burley products and just tastes like Burley. Last but not least 1.5oz of Sutliff TS-20 Louisiana Perique. It’s a super earthy mushroom umami bomb with just a bit of pepper.
Now I can die a happy man and not a failure?
Sounds good dude!

Reactions: kurtbob