SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

You do dark roast or?
Most of my roasts are South or Central Americas and are Full City to Full City+. Africans at City to City+ to maintain the fruity subtleties. The young'uns like it this way... I do a darker roast for one of my buddies in Oregon as well as my father and brother who like French level Columbian roasts. They scream of bittersweet chocolate.

You do dark roast or?
I've also done a few Vienna roasts but they are tricky so as not to pothole the beans or start a fire... The end result is just roasted coffee taste, no other flavors, but it's good for fu-fu and sweet drinks because the roasted coffee taste is so strong and bitter. It's basically a waste to take Arabica beans to this level. Robusta will taste exactly the same.

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Hawaiian Grog Coffee will have you feeling anything but groggy. It is a tropical coffee blend with fresh coconut, and hints of whisky flavor. This coffee is just the thing your morning needs to transport you straight to Honolulu and get you ready for the day. This unique mix of pure Arabic beans, fresh coconut flakes, highland creme, plus a whiff of coconut creme will put you in the aloha state of mind. Even though we’re landlocked here in Texas, we know how to enjoy island life!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Chock Full of Nuts. The French Roast and New York dark roast are excellent. Unfortunately, I have to drink decaf, but they do a good job with that too. I also like Maxwell House and other less known brands from local coffee blenders -- Muddy Dog and Larry's, for example. Eight O'Clock is a pretty good standard brand. As I've noted before, I do all my coffee in a stove-to percolator, but my wife's in a French press. She gets caffeine, lucky lady.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
We have a great local roaster in town called Caliber Coffee. I enjoy trying new things from them often. I have yet to have a roast i didn't enjoy.
My daily coffee is something from Kickkng Horse. I prefer their light to medium roasts.

Reactions: jpmcwjr