3 Fresh Askwith Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
In my quest, as always, to justify another pipe purchase I decided -- on my recently passed birthday -- to peruse the net and came across this unique piece from a carver named Fatih. I got this through Pipes Depot and have bought from them a few times now with satisfying results.

Fatih Freehand 1.JPG

Fatih Freehand 2.JPG

Fatih Freehand 3.JPG

Although it's got a ton of character in form, what impressed me the most was the weight when i pulled it from its case. For a medium sized pipe (namely, 5 1/2" L x 2 1/4" H) it only weighed in at 31 grams. Another effortless clincher I was not expecting from the pictures, but warmly welcome! :)

Fatih Freehand weight.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

jonasclark

Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Not many carvers besides Bekler, Kural and S. Yanik have done abstract designs. All three have their own character. This carver, whoever they are, did a beautiful job, and it's different from anything those three made.

Reactions: dottlejockey

dottlejockey

Very nice looking Meer and it looks like it would fit in the hand perfectly.
Indeed it does...quite ergonomic with the added benefit of effortless clinching, should one so choose. Say, while driving. ;)
I bet you that pipe is going to color amazingly!
I'm gonna give it some honest work and see. Will be showing up on the WAYS thread now and again when i return home to my camera.