PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
It is now Fall . Time to break out the Virginia flakes and what not .This year I have decided on some Rattrays blends . What is your Fall flavor .

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
for a nice tasty english i like grey havens or shortcut to mushrooms. I have plenty of the first, and sadly little of the second. for the fall, i also love the taste of acool and mellow aromatic, i just bought a stockpile of longbottom leaf, can't wait till it gets here.
fall is my favorite season, just sitting on the hill by some rustling strees with a good pipe and some smooth scotch.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Fall is time for Nice Balkans! Though I think I will order in some maple flavored tobacco just for old times sake.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
Yep! A good English or something with a good maple flavor....Now i just wait for fall to get here. When is that anyway?

December?

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
It's still rather warm here in the Great Dismal Swamp. 92F just outside the kitchen window, so Va. flakes are still in order here. As the weather cools, I'll abandon the Va's in favor of my latakia blends. Maybe I'll get that Pirate Kake smoked up this year.

scratchglfr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2010
Fall has arrived but the temps here in PA are high 80's. Tomorrow in the 90's. Then it will become more pleasant in the mid 70's perfect for golf.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
This will be my first Autumn as a pipe smoker so thanks for the ideas and maybe I will indulge myself soon. My latest purchase was 2 oz of Blueberry Muffin from my local shop, which is actually pretty good. Wifey likes it.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
The cooler weather provides me with desire to smoke the heavier blends

more frequently than I do in the summer.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
Speaking of "flakes", I'm just finishing my tin of Erinmore Flake with a kiss of Borkum Riff cavendish cherry....and yes some of the little oak trees are starting to change their colors....Fall is well on its way.

P9290017.jpg
P9290006.jpg

P9290012.jpg
P9290014.jpg
P9290006.jpg
P9290008.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm sorta drifting from Va.'s and Vapers into Burley-Va. based blends. In particular, increasing amounts

of C&D's Haunted Bookshop. (...and I feel a deertongue jones comin' on.)

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'll be smoking whatever blends I feel will be good for my mood/fancy. Since I'm a newbie, I'll have to let you know what I gravitate towards in these colder months...
-Jason

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Any rich blend will do in the fall.
It's already cooling off quickly in my neck of the woods and I'm smoking at least twice as much now. I write which pipe I've smoked into the date of my calendar for maintenance (marking a "C" beside it after it's been cleaned) and had a few blank squares last month. This month, I've got a lot of 2 bowl days and a couple with 3. This winter, all will probably be 3 bowl days.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I like smoking aromatics more in the winter. Just sweet stuff come Thanksgiving. I got 2 tins of Peterson's Very Merry Xmas 2009 cellaring that I want to pull out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.