PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
I always fill my pipes and smoke them in different rooms, specially if I'm filling a second pipe and the smoke from the first is still lingering around. I fear that the smoke might affect the flavour of the tobacco in the jars I'm opening.

But I see many people keep their tobacco jars in the same place where they smoke, so I gotta ask: does the smoke around alter the properties of tobacco?

Reactions: BrightDarkEyes

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I have a separate room that is hermetically sealed and i have installed a micro-gravity pump, so i can not just gravity fill bowls i can micro-gravity fill them, then i take a home built underground tube shuttle to another property where I actually smoke.

Screen Shot 2024-06-09 at 8.13.46 AM.png

Or in reality i have literally never given it a thought, tobacco is in jars and tins and any tobacco that is out drying is just out drying and again never have given it any thought, smoke and be happy.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Oh, it affects it so much that smoke shops have to rename the blends they buy from Lane and Sutliff that have in jars beside the counter. Legally they can't call it what it was. That's why some people will think blends changed over time, they just sat in smoky shops on shelf long enough and with enough smokers to change the flavor. This is why internet sales are ruining our hobby!!!!
Yes I am being sarcastic but I do have a point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hoipolloiglasgow