PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Manawydan

Can't Leave
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
I love Boswell's blends. I think it is fair to say that he is well-known for his aromatics. I bought his aro blend assortment and have enjoyed a couple so far. I also loved Northwoods from the beginning, and his Boswell's Best was the first aro blend I gave a personal A+ to. Some time ago I was thinking what it would be like to blend Northwoods with Boswell's Best. And tonight was the night that I attempted the mix.

WOW.

I mixed a measure of Northwoods 50/50 with a measure of Boswell's Best, and smoked a bowl in my Savinelli Oceano 673. I was completely delighted with the result. It deepened the vanilla/sweet Best, and it sweetened the Northwoods in a very pleasurable way. As a first blend mixing experiment this one for me was a raging success. It has also encouraged me to try other mixtures of blends based on my intuition. More to come! And to be clear, I still really enjoy both blends on their own merit.

I am now going to order 4 oz of each for the express purpose of making more of my Boswell's Northwoods Best mix.

IMG_4587.jpeg