PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
The curious, well natured but dangerous little voice in my head just shouted up "hey, does university flake make a good chewing tobacco?" Will it turns out the answer is a definitive no! that was silly...

standardgewehr

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2011
Hmmmmm. I have heard of people making their own nasal snuff by drying and pulverizing pipe tobacco, and of using rope tobacco for chew as accepted practice... But i guess if it looks like beef jerkey, it ain't necessarily a good chew!

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
Did your common sense tell you it wouldn't work too, but you did it anyway? :-p

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
lol..... Anyone know what pipe tobacco DOES make a good chew? Just in case I get enough ants in my pants to try it?

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
Mmm... Beef jerky tobacco anyone? Theres a challenge for ya mr. pease

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I remember another member saying his uncle thought (I think it was) Jackknife Plug was a chew. He said it was the best tobacco he ever chewed. I wouldn't try it though. I'll stick with Red Man when I want a chew.

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
It just breaks up and gets stuck in your teeth Spartan. And tastes vile so you pull a funny face while pulling little bits off your tongue frantically. Not fun

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Ugh that sounds like a bad idea, personally I hate University Flake, one of my least favorite tobaccos

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
That is why I decided it was wasteable. I only have a little 5g sample and wont be getting any more.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
My wifes uncle was at our house last weekend & left his copenhagen at home, soon i noticed he had what appeared to be dip...turned out to be some of my sterling double eagle. He claimed it was good. I think ill keep it on my pipe tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.