PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
IMG_3211.jpegI have been evacuated from my hometown of Ruidoso, NM due to two wildfires. The Salt and South Fork fires started on the Mescalero Apache Reservation and have been wind driven into town. Over 1500 structures have been involved. Please keep our community in your thoughts and prayers for property owners, firefighters, and all who are involved and helping. I have attached a few pictures.IMG_3220.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3212.jpeg
    IMG_3212.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3219.jpeg
    IMG_3219.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 10

Marie

Might Stick Around
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles

Sending prayers. I found the above information hubs for both South and Salt fires from google maps. It looks like there are several smaller fires close by that have received their own label. Are there any evacuation centers people are being directed to?

Marie

Might Stick Around
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles
So far, all of my properties are fine. We are evacuated and are fine. There are several evacuation centers in neighboring communities. Over 23000 acres burned as of this morning.
Ok..glad to read you, your family and your properties are ok. Thank goodness there are several evacuation centers. The increasing acreage that has burned reminds me of the fires here in Northern CA not to long ago (Napa Valley). I hope more firefighters will be able to fly in to help. I am keeping my eye on a fire here just North of LA at Gorman, but it looks like the containment is increasing finally. Will continue to keep your family and the communities in my prayers.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
This is great news! Glad it's done and you are safe. 👍
👍
It's a relief, but almost as bad as the fires themselves is the media reporting. Taking even a cursory look into the patterns of fire reporting, what one finds is profoundly frustrating. Contained and extinguished are two completely different things, and in typical sensationalist fashion, they will inexplicably focus on the former and never mention the latter, even though one can see the acreage number unchanged from day to day. I guess it's their way of milking the bad news, stretching it out just a little more (like that's really necessary these days!). This has happened many times before, but this time, they also had to throw in reports of "excess wind and heat," neither of which were true. Monday was one of the coolest days in weeks, in fact, and what the hell does that have to do with it anyway? Sorry, but a fire isn't going to behave any differently at 85 degrees than it would at 65 degrees with similar humidity. It's like they want us to think that once it's in the 80s, the planet just suddenly bursts into flame. I've lived in SoCal my whole life...this is just what happens at this time of year.

More good news: rain is coming to NM! That fire should be out soon. Prayers to everyone in that area. 🙏

Reactions: Marie

Marie

Might Stick Around
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles
It's a relief, but almost as bad as the fires themselves is the media reporting. Taking even a cursory look into the patterns of fire reporting, what one finds is profoundly frustrating. Contained and extinguished are two completely different things, and in typical sensationalist fashion, they will inexplicably focus on the former and never mention the latter, even though one can see the acreage number unchanged from day to day. I guess it's their way of milking the bad news, stretching it out just a little more (like that's really necessary these days!). This has happened many times before, but this time, they also had to throw in reports of "excess wind and heat," neither of which were true. Monday was one of the coolest days in weeks, in fact, and what the hell does that have to do with it anyway? Sorry, but a fire isn't going to behave any differently at 85 degrees than it would at 65 degrees with similar humidity. It's like they want us to think that once it's in the 80s, the planet just suddenly bursts into flame. I've lived in SoCal my whole life...this is just what happens at this time of year.

More good news: rain is coming to NM! That fire should be out soon. Prayers to everyone in that area. 🙏
So incredibly frustrating. I agree with milking the sensationalism for ad revenue. We are in that time of fire season here. I remember a handful of years back there was a ring of fire around a big portion of LA county.

Reactions: Servant King